Saturday, January 30, 2010

Project 365 - Day 30. Baby Blues.

My day today was all about baby boys.  I spent my morning with baby Ty.  I photographed his Mom and Dad several weeks ago and was really excited to meet this little guy.  He's just adorable and Mom and Dad are settling right into parenthood!  So fun to see.   I'm planning more of a sneak peek post for tomorrow but today is just one quick shot.


Why only one?   Well...I'm just feeling crappy tonight.   My head hurts and I'm really tired.  A result of too many tears shed this afternoon for my recent Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep angel, J.  I attended his memorial this afternoon.  I've been to funerals before but they were always for people over the age of 50.  Never for a baby.  It was the most heart-wrenching and beautiful ceremony. The father recorded songs that he'd sung and played guitar beautifully for, the mother and father both spoke of what they knew about baby J from the months they knew him inside his mothers womb and about what they would never get to know.   My heart aches for this amazing couple and the child they've lost.  I am so honored to have been a part of baby J's little existence and humbled by how grateful they are for the images I took of them all as a family.  They even asked that any monetary remembrances in honor of J be made to the Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep Foundation.   Wow!   That's all I can say....Wow.

So, tomorrow will be more of beautiful baby Ty but for now my heart is heavy thinking of little Angel J and his Mom and Dad.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very good thing you do. I cannot imagine the heartache.

    ReplyDelete