Sunday, January 17, 2010

Project 365 - Day 17. Thrill Seeking

There aren't a lot of things that I hope my kids inherit from me but by far the quality I most hope they have is my love of adventure.  This has translated into some fantastic travels and some unlikely thrill seeking moments that I definitely wish on everyone I know!   The kids are still too young for me to determine just how much of my adventure gene has carried on but now that Corey is 7, I am getting to see some tastes of it.  We are the two that can't wait to get in line for the roller coasters that he's just tall enough to ride, we chose the local water park for our special one-on-one time together and we're both looking forward to a big trip we're planning for next year.

Sledding has been a fun way for me to watch them gain confidence in their risk taking this winter.  We take them to a local park that has a great hill and Corey just can't get enough of it.  I am so proud of the look on his face every time he heads off down that slope.  It looks like there's hope of some genetic rub-off after all!


1 comment:

  1. He is so cute! Look out Mom, they always say we get one just like us if we are lucky.

    ReplyDelete