Monday, January 18, 2010

Project 365 - Day 18. Splish Splash

We had a lot of running around today and by the end of the day, not unlike a lot of others days, I was feeling worn out and ready for kids to be in bed and Mom to be productive.

I admit...the hours between 5 and 7 are my least favorite of the day.  The kids go to bed early and it's not easy to get all 4 kids fed, cleaned, changed, brushed, read, and in bed while also hopefully eating myself, cleaning up the dishes, picking up the toys from the day, sorting through backpacks and whatever else needs to be done within that small window of time.  More times than not it ends up being a stressful part of the day.

Bath time is the highlight of that time for the little girls.  They love to splish and splash, dump water on each other, wash their little dollies hair, count fish.  Whatever.  They just love to be in the bath.  Generally their laughter is enough to break my stress and make me enjoy the moment....at least until it's time to get out and the next battle begins.


1 comment:

  1. Aww, look at the size of that tub. I wouldn't mind a long soak in that to relax from a busy day. I have 11 kids after school here along with my 3-year-old so I know stressful! I love when my kids are in bed too. My favorite part of the day.

    ReplyDelete