Saturday, January 16, 2010

Project 365 - Day 16. Movie Time

There are some things with 4 young kids that just don't happen as much as I would like.   One of those things is a trip to the movie theater.  There's always at least one, recently two, who is really just too young to take to the theater so family trips aren't an option.   Not to mention that the hubby is TOTALLY not into movies.   You should see the tension that sets into his face if I even mention the word in passing.  Just not his idea of fun to sit still for 2 hours...especially without a beer in his hand!  Hey...nobody's perfect and I've learned to accept him for all his flaws.   But I digress....    

I'd been promising the "big kids" (ages 7, 5, and 2) a trip to the movies to see The Princess & The Frog since before Christmas break and today we finally made it.   Truthfully, it's not my top choice of movies out right now but I was still kinda looking forward to it.  As it turned out, I actually quite enjoyed it and after being up all night at the hospital, it was a perfect solution....easy parenting of 3 kids for an hour and a half.   Overall, a win-win.




Regarding the hospital visit...I am a volunteer photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep and the early morning hours of today were spent at the hospital photographing one of heaven's newest angels. I was honored to be a part of his little existence.  Please say a prayer for the very handsome baby J and his truly wonderful parents.    You can learn more about this great organization at www.nilmdts.org

1 comment:

  1. Love the art deco theatre. So sorry that little angel was with us such a short time. A prayer will go up for him and his family from NS.

    ReplyDelete