Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Project 365 - Day 12. Hey...I remember what that is!

Generally speaking, I don't actually mind winter that much.  It's not that I like the cold because I really don't.  And it's not that I like winter sports because I don't do any.  I do, however, love to see snow in the trees.   Still, not enough to enjoy winter but enough to tolerate it.  Why?  Because I LOVE the other 3 seasons.  Having spent 11 years of my life in San Diego, I know what it feels like to not have seasons and I REALLY didn't like that!

Even as a high schooler I felt that time went too quickly without really being marked by an obvious change around me.  I can't imagine how quickly time would go now with my whirlwind family of six!   So...I tolerate winter and generally feel that it goes pretty quickly.  Just when I am getting fed up with it, spring is in the air, birds are singing, and life begins again.

 One of the best parts of winter is Wisconsin is that we still get a lot of sunny days.   Usually, that is.  I honestly can't remember the last time I saw the sun.  How sad!   But then today I was in my living room playing with my kids when the oddest thing happened....the SUN got in my eyes!!  Well, I was so darned happy.  There must be something to that lack of sun disorder because my spirits soared after that sun hit my face and I spotted that blue sky.   I could have sat there all day.  Except that 20 minutes later, the sun set and my joy was over.  Boo Hoo.  At least I got a quick picture of it before it was gone.  Here's hoping for more blue skies tomorrow....



2 comments:

  1. Very, very nice photo. There is something that makes you smile when you see that brilliant blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this shot - it is so peaceful - I would love to look at that everyday.

    p.s. - I am doing Project 365 - I have commented a couple of times but for some reason my log in is always wonky. I am used to blogger and am learning wordpress still so there are some kinks.

    my blog is at - www.whenyouareanonlychild.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete