Saturday, January 23, 2010

Project 365 - Day 23. Winter JanBoree

Today is the Winter JanBoree festival in Waukesha, WI.   It is only about 15 minutes from us and I've lived here for over 10 years but today is really the first day I "discovered" Downtown Waukesha.   I've had to go through it before and basically only associated the area with very confusing streets.  I'd do most anything to avoid driving there!   Today was the first day that I parked and walked the streets of Waukesha and I was very surprised.  It's full of artsy galleries, fun restaurants and bars, and unique shops.  I'd definitely like to go back without little hands in tow one warm day.   Today we mostly stayed outside though.  I think we missed most of the actual JanBoree activities but the one we did catch was the Ice Sculpting.  There were about 20 of them lining the streets and it was fun to see what the artists created...snowflakes, diamond rings, a boy on a toboggan...but our favorite was created by this lady.  She was making Glenda the nice witch from The Wizard of Oz.   Very talented.


And, Glenda:




No comments:

Post a Comment