Friday, February 26, 2010

Project 365 - day 57. A Treasured Gift | Delafield Children's Photography

Last night I had a wonderful visit from a couple I met last month.   Sadly, I met them as part of my Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep volunteer work.  They were the first couple that I'd photographed on my own, although they didn't know that until last night.  They came by to bring me a thank you gift for the work I did for them.  It was so thoughtful of them to think of me as they're going through such a difficult time and it was such a precious gift and something I will treasure forever.

Literally just a few nights ago I was looking at a stand in my bedroom that has two Willow Tree pieces on it and thinking...I really need a third one of those.  I received the ones I have on two separate occasions from my sister-in-law.  So, I thought I need another because you're really supposed to have things like that grouped in threes, right?   Well, wouldn't you know, that's what they brought me.  It's just beautiful and they said they chose it because it's called "Spirit of Giving - Generosity is your shining gift."   They also gave me a card with one of the images I took on it and wrote the following:

"There are no words that come close to describing how thankful we are and how blessed we feel to have met you.  Your selfless efforts and amazing talents have touched not only R. and I, but everyone who sees your photography.  Thank you for volunteering your time to Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep and for preserving our precious son with such love and care.     Love, K. & R."

Needless to say, I cried.

This sweet couple gave me two gifts.  The opportunity to meet their Angel and now this.  I'm truly touched.  And all three of us are anxiously awaiting our next photo session - when they are expecting their next baby!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment