Thursday, March 25, 2010

Project 365 - Day 84. "I see?" | Delafield Children's Photography

My little Emma is at my FAVORITE age.   The first year is amazing, of course, but more about the physical changes.  The second year...well, every day I just feel like I know that little girl better.  I can define her personality.  I can predict her future.   LOVE IT!  

She's also starting to talk and everyday has at least one new word to try out.  One of the first things I realized she was saying was:  "I see?"   Why would she say that??  Well, it's the same thing all the other kids say as soon as I pull out my camera and aim it at them...."Can I see?"    Forget about posing for the photo, they just want the result!   So most of my photos of Emma these days are of her running towards me to check out the result or just pointing at me and pursing her face as she says "I see?   I see?"   And truly, who can resist a 17 month who is communicating!?    You bet you can see!

Tonight, while I was making dinner, Emma came up to me saying the familiar "I see?"   I hadn't heard this outside of picture time but it turned out she was holding this little stuffed animal.  It has a small digital photo frame loaded with pics of all the kiddos and she wanted it turned on.   I knew exactly what she'd said, exactly what she wanted, helped her right away and we both smiled widely at how nice it was that Mommy was finally catching on.   I'm not sure but I think she was proud of me.




PS...I really shoulda taken this picture during the day instead of in my poorly lit room at 10pm but I was too busy learning a new language today.  Forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment