Friday, March 12, 2010

It's Fix-It Friday!

Yes, that's right my blog friends...it's Fix-It Friday over at i heart faces again!

Today's pictures was a doozy!   But I did my best and used the opportunity to try a couple different things...

Here is the before:
Can you see the little cutie hidden in there?     Ok, so here's my first edit:

I started in lightroom and did most of my lightening and brightening in there but then I moved into Photoshop and used the cloning tool to eliminate some of the background distraction.  Because there was such a huge amount of brightening required and it was a jpg file, there was quite a bit of noise so I ran the dust and speckle as a mask so it only applied to her skin and the background.

I think it turned out ok.  But, I decided that the background had a bit of an artsy feel to me now I decided to add a canvas look to it:



Finally, I decided to eliminate the pinball aspect all together and also go B&W to just focus on the little girl.  I used the lemondrops creamy b&w action to get this:



Ok, I'm off to check what others did with this gal!   Wanna have a play?  It's great practice!!   Just go to:



Thanks for stopping by!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice black and white. I could not get her eyes to look that good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the canvas & black & white...haven't seen the photo done like this yet...very pretty.

    ReplyDelete