Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fix-It Friday #4

Ok, so technically it's only 11pm on Thursday night but I get kinda excited for my Fix-It Friday challenge (dorky, I know) and it seems someone at {i heart faces} gets excited too because the challenge was up early.   Yippee!!

Here is the Before shot:


The photographer commented that she was struggling with the blemishes and also the overexposure of the top of the boys head.
And here is my edit:


I'm really trying to improve my Lightroom skills so I stuck with LR this week even though it was a jpg that we had to work with.

I did some reduction of the exposure on the top of the head but it was pretty blown out which limited what I was able to recover.  Next I upped the overall exposure and the fill light to even out the overall face.   I used cloning on the facial scratches/blemishes and also ran a light skin smoothing over his entire face.  I also brightened and defined his eyes more, sharpened the overall image, and added some vibrance and green tones.

Be sure to check out some other edits or give it a try yourself at

6 comments:

  1. great edit. and it's barely even 9:30 on a Thursday night where I live lol. but it gave me time to edit the picture before I was busy friday! and by busy I mean that I get time to sleep in. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! I love how you fixed the highlights. It didn't wok out that well for me when I tried in Lightroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your clean and straight forward approach. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work!! I like the crop, which did eliminate a lot of the problem with the overexposure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it. I love how soft you made his face look. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I think you did a great job smoothing out his skin. I like your crop too! Nice!

    ReplyDelete