Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Project 365 - Day 166. Enlightened | Delafield Children's Photographer

We're on day 3 of summer vacation and already the kids were going a little nuts.  Luckily summer camp starts next week or I'm just not sure we'd all survive the summer unscathed!  

Today I had a mission to get these kids out for an experience that did not require batteries or electricity.  Specifically, I needed to get Corey away from his Wii and DS!!  He was pretty grumpy about the whole idea and not pleased that he was going to have to endure 30 minutes in the car without his DS but I pushed on.  I explained to him the importance of doing something other than video games.  To which he responded that he'd be happy to go out if we were going where HE wanted to go....Chuck E. Cheese!  

I started the conversation again and informed him that we all needed a bit of enlightenment today.   Then I said "I'm not discussing this any more, I'm turning up the music and getting happy now so we can all have fun."   To my surprise, it worked.  We enjoyed the ride through the countryside, spotted these miniature horses, and arrived at the farm ready for strawberry picking.

Everyone enjoyed it and did great.  We also picked some peas, played on the playset, fed goats, and had fun.  Phew!!  We're home now and Corey's back to the Wii but at least he got a little bit of something else in his day.

BTW, one would think that since the big adventure was strawberry picking that I would, in fact, have a photo of my kids picking strawberries.   I agree...it would be great.   But with four kids ages 1-7, sometimes you just have to make a call.   Enjoy the moment or take a picture.    Today I opted for enjoying the moments.   It was a good call.

No comments:

Post a Comment