Friday, June 11, 2010

Project 365 - Day 162. Bring It On! | Delafield Children's Photographer

My first exposure to the World Cup was when I was pregnant with Corey and we were living in England.  In England, you can't help but catch the World Cup Fever and it was awesome!!!   I would get up early to watch games, listen to them in the car if I had to, go to pubs in the middle of a work day....anything to catch a game.  We were even a few minutes late to our 20 week scan because we had to wait for our game to end first.

I was ridiculously excited about the World Cup.  I mean, I got a ton of chills and even a few tears during the pre-game speeches and hand shaking.  I watched every minute of that game with a smile on my face.

Poor Rob.  World Cup in the USA just is NOT comparable.  The good news is that he'll be over there for 8 days during the series so at least he'll get some of the excitement.  The rest of us?   We'll we're having to create our own excitement!  

And, hey, Corey needed a haircut anyway.   It was easy to convince him once I suggested we attempted a St. Georges cross on his head.    I'm a rookie, but you get the idea!  We're going to find red hairspray tomorrow to give it the full impact.

GO ENGLAND!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment