Thursday, June 10, 2010

Project 365 - Day 161. Taming The Beasts | Delafield Children's Photographer

I had the BEST Mommy day today.  Truly.  I mean, I have a lot of good moments with my kids but it's not that often that I get a full day of FUN with my kids that I absolutely enjoy from start to finish.  True, I got no work and no housework done today but at 7pm, my house was quite and everyone under this roof had a smile on their face.  Perfect.

It was Corey and Lilly's last day of school and they had early release so we spent the afternoon at the Zoo.  We hadn't been in a long time and really it was the first time Emma's been since she was old enough to "get it" and WOW...did she get it!   She loved every minute...as expected.  She's a real animal fan anyway but when she saw those spider monkeys swinging back and forth and got to look a cheetah in the eye? ...pure joy.   We went out for a nice dinner afterwards and all enjoyed a nice drink (4 kiddy margaritas and a beer, please.) and some great time together.   We sang loudly in the car.  Laughed about silly butt jokes.  Nothing special and yet....something SO special.    Wish Rob could've been around to share it with us but in every other way, an absolutely perfect day and a great way to start the summer!

I sure love these guys!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment