Saturday, May 29, 2010

Project 365 - Day 149. Growing | Delafield Childrens Photographer

So far, it's been a great Memorial Day weekend.  We had an impromptu campfire party last night in the driveway before Rob and the kids (sans Emma) camped out.   Normally I'm the camper and I did have to do the tent set up on my own but with Emma still a bit sick and not sleeping well through the night, I got the indoor sleep duty.

Today we had a big shopping trip for some remodeling at our rental property and then spent the afternoon enjoying the beautiful day.  The girls helped me clear out our two garden areas and I then planted our tomato and pepper plants with Lilly's help.  It occurred to me that this summer might be a bit easier now that the kids are becoming bigger helpers and Emma loves to be outside so, even though I have to keep a close eye on her, she's generally pretty happy to just be out.  She even helped me with the weeding today!

We grilled out both nights which is such a great thing in my mind (even though I'm the griller) and we are all just generally getting into the summer swing.  Yey!   Now we're looking ahead to parties the next couple of days.    Ahhh....perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment