Sunday, May 9, 2010

Project 365 - Day 129. Mama Mia! | Delafield Family Photography

Oy vey!   Today was an EXCELLENT reminder for me as to why people hire professional photographers!

All in all, today was like most Sundays...cooking, yard work, kids...but there were a few perks.  We ate dinner in the dining room which is always a nice change.  (Not sure why we don't do that more but we don't.)  Of course I had lovely school made gifts from the kids.  And my big request....to get some photos that actually had me in them.  Don't get me wrong...I HATE to see myself in photos.  Who is that old lady anyway?  BUT, for the sake of the kids, I think it's important to at least have an occasional photo of me with them.  My goal was some shots of MY mom with the kids, a shot of me and my mom, and a family shot.   HUGE ambitions, in retrospect.  The family photo attempt was a complete disaster but an impromptu 2nd try at least got a shot with no one in tears.  And I did manage a shot with each of the kids so that was nice.  Of course that means that most of my shots were not actually taken by me but by my mom or Corey!  Although, I did do the set-up so that they both got their first try at manual exposure.  My mom even had to learn how to back-focus and she did great!    So, in the end...a successful mother's day and lots of family photos.   :-)





For a few more shots of today, check out this short video:

Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment