Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Project 365 - Day 132. Blossoms | Delafield Family Photography

Back on a cold morning in early December, Corey and Lilly boarded the bus and Clare asked me, "Why can't I go to school?"   I started to answer that it was because she was 2 and too young when I recalled hearing that the preschool Corey and Lilly went to was now accepting younger kids.  A half hour later I was on the phone with the Director and the next Monday she was a student at All God's Children Preschool.

We were both very excited.  When Corey and Lilly were young, we had lots of activities and playgroups.  Clare and Emma didn't have that.  Clare really didn't know any kids her own age and rarely interacted with kids aside from her brother and sisters.  I was quite nervous to send her off but she's really loved every minute of it.  She's still a bit shy there but has come into her own A LOT!  I love to peek in at her in her classroom when she doesn't know I'm there.  Next week she'll be doing her first school performance and I can't wait!!  Lilly was the star of the show when she did the same spring sing 3 years ago and, as witnessed last week, she still loves the spotlight.  I can't wait to see how Clare's personality shines through.  Regardless, I know that sending her there has been a blessing in so many ways and watching her blossom is definitely one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment