Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Project 365 - Day 139. Spring Sing | Delafield Children's Photography

Today was Clare's first time performing in front of an audience.  Well, unless you count her standing on top of upside down storage bins in our basement singing to the rest of the family.  But since I don't count those...today was her first.  She's one of the youngest kids at the school so I was prepared to cut her a bit of slack, but she did great.  She had a couple of songs that she belted out and kept right up with and a couple others that didn't seem to interest her so she just stood there and hung out till those were done.  I consider any showing that doesn't involve tears a huge success so I was completely pleased!

After the show, Clare came to sit with me, Corey and Lilly and said "Now I have to do my Spring Sing on the stage."   :-)  I think she was a bit disappointed to learn that her "stage" was just her taped name on the carpet in front of all these chairs.  I guess that Talent Show last week set her expectations to lights and microphones.  Poor girl.

Here she is "sticking her back to someone else's back" in Sticky, Sticky, Sticky Bubblegum!

No comments:

Post a Comment