Thursday, May 20, 2010

Project 365 - Day 140. Half Way There | Delafield Lifestyle Photography

Today was a milestone.  Not for me, exactly...but for my beloved Toyota Sienna.  It turned 100,000 miles.

I am not and have never been a "car person."   My favorite car ever was my Jeep Wrangler but it was obviously not very practical so had it's down sides but was fun for a couple of years.  Rob and I share our lack of interest in cars and therefore just chose cars that were economical and made sense for us.

Before kids I absolutely SWORE that I would NEVER be caught driving a minivan.  I just couldn't imagine that being the best choice for anyone.  I mean, really....even someone who doesn't get excited about cars can get more excited about an SUV with a third row than a minivan.  

Imagine my surprise when I was internet car hunting from England before we returned back to the states with our nearly one-year-old Corey and I actually got a tad bit EXCITED about a Sienna.?  I test drove all the mini-vans but I was already sold on Toyota and to this day, it is the BEST car I have ever owned.   It just makes my life easier and if a car can do that, I'm all for it!!   I have no interest in an upgrade, no interest in a newer model, no interest in that "new car smell"....I want to get every last mile out of this baby and I figure I'm only about half way there!

No comments:

Post a Comment