Monday, April 26, 2010

Project 365 - Day 116. Monday, ToothDay | Delafield Children's Photography

Today was a big day all around.   Only 2 of the 4 are featured here but it was big for everyone.  

First, Emma.  My sweet little social butterfly.  A friend offered to watch her today and with the draw of "babies" and "doggy" there was no holding Emma back from her first play date.  Kelly is a friend of mine but a stranger to Emma but that didn't matter to her.   She acted like she was just glad to be out and let me leave without even looking back.  She played, had lunch, even a nap and was happy to see me when I got back, but gave Kelly the biggest smile and wave as we left.   The other three kids were so shy at that age that it still surprises me how confident she is.  I love it!!!   And was so grateful to Kelly for helping us out of a hectic afternoon!

Corey.  The big kid but also Mr. Sensitive.  He had his first of 2 appointment to attack his 4 fillings.  He survived it but the first hour wasn't pretty.   Luckily for me, Rob was the chosen to parent to sit in the room with him and all ended well but he definitely had some huge fear of the unknown.

Clare had her first cleaning and check up today and handled it like an absolute pro!  Very proud of how brave she was.


Finally, Lilly.  She had to have her bottom two front teeth extracted because her permanent teeth were coming in behind those (shark teeth).  I was probably as nervous as she was about it.  I mean I've had my share of fillings but "extractions" just made my tummy churn!   My only experience with those were when I had my impacted wisdom teeth pulled and it wasn't fun.  She was totally confident about the whole thing all week and as we drove to the dentist and Corey refused to eat because he was just way too nervous, she was just fine.  Cool as a cucumber....right up until they called her back.  Well, then the tears came and the mantra..."I want to go home.   I want to go home."   It was a bit rough but after about 10 minutes of that and the dentist talking her through what he was going to do (not a shot...a much gentler procedure known as an injection of sleep water), he told her that the more still she was, the easier it would be and I could physically feel her relax.  As he was doing the injection, she was actually getting more and more relaxed.  Heck, she even smiled!!!  I couldn't believe it!  When we finished we checked our hands and the only marks left behind were from me squeezing HER hand.   Such a tough girl!  

SOOOO glad to have this day behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment