Thursday, April 22, 2010

Project 365 - Day 112. A Daisy of A Day | Hartland Children's Photography

I had a really great Mommy day.

Not surprisingly, as I've gotten more into my photography, I've been a bit less "present" for my kiddos.  Particularly the little ones who see me get distracted through the day in a way that I never did when Corey and Lilly were my only little ones.  In many ways, there's been a lot of benefit to mommy having a passion of her own outside the house, but there have been sacrifices and my involvement in playgroups and outings is definitely one of them.  

Recently I bid on and won a 6-week gold membership to Gymboree at a silent auction.  Today I realized that I should really get on top of that since summer will be here soon and I'll struggle to find time to get to a class without the big kids.  As it turned out, there was a class today so we jumped into action and managed to get there.  Well...didn't we have the BEST time!!  Clare loved to run around and Emma?  Well, Emma just couldn't stop smiling, dancing, running, climbing, did I mention smiling??  As a Mom, what could be better than seeing that pure joy on their faces.  Priceless, as they say.

After I dropped the exhausted kiddos into bed for their naps, I ran out to get a few errands done (and a quick pedi).  Came home to grab the rested kids and get Corey off the bus and then we headed to school for Lilly's Investiture Ceremony for Daisy Scouts.  They started by walking in with daisies in their hands and singing "Make New Friends, And Keep The Old".  Very sweet.

Rob is gone.  My Mom was babysitting tonight so I was on my own getting everyone fed, cleaned, read, brushed, and into bed but I didn't mind today.  It was a daisy of a day and I was grateful for all the little smiles.



No comments:

Post a Comment