Monday, April 19, 2010

Project 365 - Day 109. Coffee | Delafield Portrait Photography

I spotted this sign in my friend's kitchen tonight and knew I had my shot.

I have had a funny relationship with coffee.  My whole life, I never had any interest in it.  At.  All.   I loved the smell and I even liked coffee flavored candies or ice cream but coffee itself did nothing for me.   That is until my little Emma arrived.   With every child I had changes in my taste buds.  Is that normal?  I mean, I know I'm supposed to have pregnancy cravings and I did....like my true NEED for Arby's roast beef sandwiches when I was pregnant with Lilly.  I'd never had one before and don't think I've had one since but I had about 2 a week there for a while.  But I digress.  The changes I'm talking about came AFTER the baby was born.  Just new foods that I didn't like before but now I did.  Well, after Emma...after 37 years of not liking coffee....all of a sudden I really liked and wanted coffee.   I'm not an addict but if I miss my one cup in the morning, I think about it.  I mean I really notice that I missed it.  Weird.  

I like that I like coffee though.  Every once in a while some of the girls in the neighborhood get together for a cup on a random morning and I'd hate to miss those just because I wasn't a coffee drinker!  Phew.  Just in time, I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment