Thursday, July 8, 2010

Project 365 - Day 189. Good Bye PB | Delafield Children's Photographer

This past week or so has been just a crazy, crazy time.  Between house renting, catching up on editing, kids schedules, etc...it's just felt a bit more stressful and heavy than usual.

One of my big underlying stressors is probably not a huge deal in the big scheme of things but seems big to me.    Peanut Butter.  Ya see...last Friday, Emma grabbed a piece of Lilly's sandwich off her plate and had a bite.  It was PB&J.  She immediately started acting funny...making gaggy type noises, grabbing at her tongue, refusing to drink, and getting red splotches all over her face.  Very weird.   After calls to my friend and the on-call nurse, we decided I was ok this time but it seems there's a strong likelihood that Emma is allergic to peanuts.  :-(

I now have an Epipen and an appointment with an allergist.  But the major change....no more peanut butter.    Seriously....my son regularly eats THREE peanut butter sandwiches for lunch and Clare and Lilly choose PB&J 6 out of 7 days a week for their lunch.  Not to mention the fact that I am not a dieter or a health food nut so I've never been a label reader and am totally clueless about how to protect my baby.  I'm trying not to think too much about it until the appointment (the 26th) but it's been hard.   Safety First is my mantra and the idea that she's living in an unsafe environment and will have all these extra dangers in the world really makes me sad.  And scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment