Monday, July 5, 2010

Project 365 - Day 186. Having Fun! | Racine Event Photography

Ok...I must admit that I'm not great at taking photos of my family when we go to events because, as I describe it to my hubby, I have trouble actually taking photos while still being in the moment.   I don't have a point and shoot camera so even my version of snapshots are RAW images shot in Manual Mode.  I have to think about the light and my settings every time I press that shutter (except for my occasional iPhone shots!).  

This weekend (with the exception of the fireworks), I've taken my "old" camera.   It's a DSLR (a Nikon D70) and I was always very happy with it.  It's not as fancy or as high quality as my D700 but I recommend it to people all the time...it's a GREAT camera!  I consider it my "back up" now though and rarely use it but because we were going on the boat the other day and then to a busy parade today, I opted to go for it.  I also have a less high quality but very versatile lens on it which make it easier for on the go.  Well, I really loved using it again.  There's something about it to me that I actually like more and I'm going to have to figure out exactly what that is but regardless I found myself having fun taking these pictures AND staying in the moment!   You may just be seeing more from this camera on 365....

Some shots from us at the Racine Parade:









And some shots of Rob's buddy's kids:









Fun Day...Long Weekend....Tired Family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment